21 Health Benefits Of A Vegan Lifestyle
Health Benefits of Going Vegan
Do you think about becoming vegan? The vegan lifestyle and diet encompasses the elimination of eating all animal flesh, and its byproducts. Going vegan is more than just a fad. It entails more than just passion for helping and preserving all of the animals on the planet. It is more than wanting to protect and save the environment.
Vegan is a way of living and eating that has many health benefits and can even save lives. A vegan diet provides nutritional, physical and mental benefits.
1) Since Vegans don't eat meat or its byproducts, their risk for cardiovascular and heart disease decreases significantly.
2) Consumption of fruits and vegetables which are carbohydrates, provide energy for your body. When you don't consume carbs, your body burns muscle tissue.
3) A vegan diet is high in fiber, which means a healthy bowel and a reduced risk of colon cancer.
4) A vegan diet is high in potassium that balances the acidity and water in your body. It stimulates your kidneys to eliminate toxins.
5) A vegan diet, which is plant-based, helps to heal cancer in the body by accelerating protective enzymes and working with antioxidants in the body.
6) A vegan diet provides Vitamin E, which is good for your heart, skin, eyes, brain, and may prevent Alzheimer's.
7) Vegans eat lots of nuts, seeds, and leafy green vegetables that are high in magnesium that helps with the absorption of calcium.
8) A vegan diet means lots of fruits and vegetables that contain Vitamin C. Vitamin C keeps gums healthy, helps bruises to heal, and boosts the immune system.
Eating A Vegan Diet Prevents Disease
1) A healthy vegan diet involves eliminating all foods that come from animals, thus reducing the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. This factor is a big healthy benefit of going vegan as heart disease is the number (1) killer in America.
2) A vegan diet that consists of lots of whole grains is beneficial in the lowering of high blood pressure.
3) A vegan diet reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
4) A vegan diet significantly lowers your risk of colon cancer.
5) Women that follow a vegan diet have lower incidences of breast cancer. This is another significant healthy benefit of going vegan.
7) A vegan diet relieves the symptoms of arthritis. A vegan-gluten combination improves symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
8) A vegan diet significantly reduces body odor.
9) A vegan diet enhances nail health, making them stronger and healthier.
10.A vegan diet lessens and often eliminates PMS symptoms.
11) A vegan diet promotes healthy skin and prevents as well as eliminates blemishes.
12) A vegan diet eliminates dairy, milk and eggs that frequently cause allergies.
13) Statistics show that vegans live longer than others in the population. They live an average of (3) to (6) years longer. This is the third most healthy benefit of going vegan.
Many individuals decide to become vegan because they have the intention to lose weight fast. Eating fruits and vegetables provides fiber for your body. Fiber cleans out your intestines, enabling you to get rid of a lot of waste on a regular basis. A vegan diet works! It is also easy. Veganism is a lifestyle change. Going vegan enables you to lose those extra pounds, to achieve the body and health that you desire, and to change not only your weight, but your whole life experiences.
Sources for the facts in this article
Photo courtesy depositphotos.com/alexannabuts