Are you are vegan who loves the taste and creamy texture of cheese? Here are 11 Vegan Cheeses You Must Try! With so many vegan cheese recipes around, there’s no excuse not to be able to enjoy the flavors and textures of popular dairy cheeses guilt-free!
Whether you’re intolerant to dairy produce or chose to be vegan of your own accord, these 11 vegan cheeses are great accompaniments to pasta dishes, crackers and breads. Even dairy-eating friends will be impressed with the diversity and flavors! Made with common ingredients such as yeast, cashew nuts or tofu, never again will your friends be able to use “But I could never give up so-and-so cheese brands!” as an excuse.
1. Baked Almond Feta. One of the first to make it into this list of vegan cheeses is baked almond feta. It’s amazing how traditional dairy cheese ingredients can be replaced with vegan-friendly alternatives and to create a baked, creamy and crumbly treat that’s great served with a splash of olive oil and a herb dressing. The cheese recipe is available at Maple Spice.
2. Macadamia Nut Brie. Another nut-based cheese, a macadamia nut brie is a vegan-friendly cheese that resembles the real thing quite effectively. Perfect for people who never thought they could give up on the soft, creamy texture and taste of the French classic.
If this recipe sounds like something to bring out your inner vegan cheese love then I highly recommend you try it. You can get the recipe and all the information by clicking here.
3. Vegan Parmesan. There is even a vegan alternative to Italian Parmesan cheese. Great for adding to a range of pasta recipes, your vegan pasta dishes can now be complimented by the same great taste offered by traditional Parmesan. Check it out here.
There are so many recipes that a sprinkle of Parmesan will make taste even better. That’s why it’s always great to have this recipe on hand. You can make some delicious vegan cheese topping in no time. Check it out here.
4. Smoky Cheddar Vegan Cheese. For something a little more interesting to add to your vegan cheese library, try a smoky cheddar vegan cheese. With a great smoky flavor and a versatile texture that can be spread or sliced, you can use this to enhance a range of snacks. Learn to make it here.
6. Vegan Feta. Vegan Feta is another whole food that is great to feature in salads. This particular cheese recipe features a tart flavor achieved with lemons while the crumbly texture is created from coconut flour. Here is a great recipe.
7. Spicy Cashew Cheese. Whoever said vegan cheese had to be boring? The spicy cashew cheese crafted by Angela McKee of Canned Time is coated with Satan’s Kiss peppers for strong, peppery kick. Get it here!
8. Sun-Dried Tomato and Roasted Garlic Vegan Cheese. This particular cheese is great served as an appetizer and showcases flavors and textures that can be achieved with a cashew base. Check out this recipe from rawmazing!
9. Vegan Goat’s Cheese Dip. One of the best vegan goat’s cheese recipes available comes from Cara Reed, known for her contributions to forkandbeans.com. A dip stuffed with pesto and sun dried tomatoes that’s good for summer dishes. Here is the recipe.
10. Tofu Farmer Cheese. Created with a tofu base, cashew nuts, lemon, miso and herbs, this cheese is a delicious vegan choice that’s great on crackers. Get the simple recipe here.
11. Vegan Nacho Cheese. For those who miss the rich, gooey sauce that traditionally accompanies nachos but also works well with vegetarian-friendly burgers or macaroni, a vegan nacho cheese recipe is available. An easy to make cheese constructed from supermarket staples. This recipe might be the best one ever.