Being a vegan goes beyond having love and compassion for animals, it also extends to vast improvements in health and nutrition. While it’s true that many vegans have a big love for animals, it is past time that everyone expanded their knowledge of veganism and discovered the benefits of adopting a vegan diet for themselves. There are millions of reasons that you should consider going vegan in 2015, here are 15 of the best:
15 Reasons To Go Vegan In 2015
1. Reduced saturated fat intake. Most saturated fats are contained in meat and dairy products and so, by adopting a vegan diet, you will be lowering your saturated fat intake dramatically.
2. Healthy fiber levels. Contrary to popular belief, a vegan diet actually provides you with all the nutrition you need for a healthy diet and digestive system, including the right amount of fiber. Fruits and vegetables are naturally high in fiber which promotes healthy bowel movements and can even reduce the risks of colon cancer. All vegan recipes have higher levels of healthy fiber than your typical standard American Diet (SAD).
3. Cardiovascular disease prevention. Avoiding meat and dairy, eating more nuts and whole grains enhances cardiovascular health and reduces the risk of strokes or heart attacks.
4. Reduced risk of high blood pressure. Whole grain vegan diets help to normalize high blood pressures.
5. Slow the signs of aging. If you are aging, then the introduction of fresh vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes and pumpkins will lessen the effects of muscle degeneration.
6. Reduce breast cancer risks. Individuals who adopt a vegan diet benefit from a reduced risk of breast cancers due to the lower consumption of fresh meat and dairy.
7. Reduce the risk of Type 2 Diabetes. A vegan diet can prevent this from happening. A vegan diet is also naturally easier to follow than diabetic diets suggested by the American Diabetic Association. A healthy plant based diet has more nutrition per gram than any other way of eating.
The TOP 8 is on the next page!