5 Refreshing Vegan Cocktails For Summer
Many new vegans don’t realize the dangers of drinking alcohol, especially mixed drinks. Even the simplest and most innocent looking drinks can contain animal products. Don’t worry, here is a great list of 5 Refreshing Vegan Cocktails For Summer that you can enjoy.
There is something here for everyone no matter what your adult beverage preferences are. Personally I like a nice mixed drink on ice but you may prefer a frozen drink. We have drinks in both categories so enjoy!
If rum is your drink of choice then you can't do much better than this vegan mojito. It's cold, crisp and refreshing. The secret to making a really amazing mojito is to use fresh ingredients. So buy those lemons and squeeze them!
- 2 ounces light rum
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 fresh lemon, squeezed
- soda water
- Mix the rum, syrup, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker or large glass
- Fill two glasses with ice and add rum mix (or if one large glass just ad ice to mixed drink)
- Top off the glass with soda water
- Garnish with lemon round and enjoy
Vegan Red Rose Cocktail
This is a drink that is full of color, flavor, and punch. If you love tequila then this is definitely a refreshing summer cocktail you will want to try. We provided a link for the Wild Edible Hibiscus Flowers in Rose Syrup , if you don't want to order that you can use any rose Syrup but it won't be quite as good.
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce lemonade (more if you like a weaker drink)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Wild Edible Hibiscus Flowers in Rose Syrup
- crushed ice
- Mix ingredients together
- Pour over crushed ice
- Garnish with cherry or strawberry
Vegan Strawberry Sangria
This is a great drink for parties out side. You get that big pitcher, filled with ice and Sangria, so refreshing! No body can resist a big beautiful pitcher of Sangria, I don't care who they are. Even my brother who hates mixed drinks will tear into a pitcher of Sangria.
- 1 bottle vegan white wine
- 1 cup silver rum
- 1 quart lemon flavored sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries
- 6 thinly sliced lemons
- Mix all ingredients except the ice in a pitcher
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve
- Add ice to pitcher and pour into tall glassed with straws
Vegan Raspberry Cocktail
This is the perfect drink poolside on a hot summer day. With gin and raspberries it's cold, crisp and refreshing. I really like the dry, tart, refreshing bite this drink has to it. It's just perfect when you are out in the sweltering summer sun.
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce vegan elderflower liqueur
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 bottle wheat beer
- Combine gin, liqueur, and raspberries in a blender
- Puree until smooth
- Pour puree evenly between two pint glasses
- Top them off with ice
- Add wheat beer
- Stir and garnish with a raspberry
Vegan Watermelon Ice Cooler
Nothing says summertime to me better than watermelon. When I was a kid I would eat a ton of it. Now that I'm all grown up I still eat it, but I also like it in a refreshing adult beverage too. This Watermelon Iced cooler really hits the spot.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen watermelon chunks
- 1 large fresh basil leaf
- 1 cup flavored sparkling water (lime or grapefruit flavor is great! Plain works too tho)
- Place the watermelon and basil in a blender and blend until liquid.
- Add the sparkling water and stir very lightly so it doesn't foam
- Add ice cubes
- Pour and enjoy
Never Miss Our Best Recipes
We email you the 5 most liked, shared, and saved recipes of the week. One email a week. Our very best recipes. Put your Name in the first space and your email in the second space.
Thank you for subscribing.