I love this vegan spicy coconut noodle recipe. Once as a child, I was able to travel outside of the country. Several members of my family and our closest friends were enjoying the sun and I could not help but be amazed at the coconut trees that were scattered around.
When I first tried drinking coconut juice and eating the meat, I was in love with coconut. I can still remember when a local tried the hard shell open and offered the juice. Afterwards, the meat was scraped off which made eating it easier.
Coconut. Oh, the creamy goodness. From then on, I have been looking for recipes that include coconut milk in it. Honestly, I think a splash of coconut milk makes any food so lusciously delicious, especially this Vegan Spicy Coconut Noodle dish. Coconuts are a good source of anti-oxidants so it almost always finds its way to some of my favorite creamy dishes. I sometimes make this recipe when I crave something Asian.
Spicy Coconut Noodle
- Cook the noodles. Follow the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the coconut milk, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, and chili paste (if desired) over medium-high heat.
- Allow it to boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce unto the drained noodles, stir and then toss.
- Place in individual bowls.
- Garnish with the scallions, sprouts, basil, and coconut (if desired).
Recipe adapted from RealSimple.com.