Vegan Spicy Coconut Noodle Recipe
I love this vegan spicy coconut noodle recipe. Once as a child, I was able to travel outside of the country. Several members of my family and our closest friends were enjoying the sun and I could not help but be amazed at the coconut trees that were scattered around.
When I first tried drinking coconut juice and eating the meat, I was in love with coconut. I can still remember when a local tried the hard shell open and offered the juice. Afterwards, the meat was scraped off which made eating it easier.
Coconut. Oh, the creamy goodness. From then on, I have been looking for recipes that include coconut milk in it. Honestly, I think a splash of coconut milk makes any food so lusciously delicious, especially this Vegan Spicy Coconut Noodle dish. Coconuts are a good source of anti-oxidants so it almost always finds its way to some of my favorite creamy dishes. I sometimes make this recipe when I crave something Asian.
Spicy Coconut Noodle
- Cook the noodles. Follow the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the coconut milk, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, and chili paste (if desired) over medium-high heat.
- Allow it to boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce unto the drained noodles, stir and then toss.
- Place in individual bowls.
- Garnish with the scallions, sprouts, basil, and coconut (if desired).
Recipe adapted from RealSimple.com.
Davanna W Driggers Davanna L needs to see this lol
Tru Driggers this sound good to yoi?
I’m so hungry!
That looks so bomb.☆☆☆☆☆
Heidi Felix Lorenzo Bulli
Looks and sounds good Tina
Gotta try this!
Tricia Kushman Anderson will you make me this??? Yum!!!
Making this later this week!
Looks and sounds amazing!
Gie Libby Wells
Lauren Beach Susanne Snow Babcock
Dana Pace Shaw
I just tried this recipe and it was amazing!! I grilled some veggies to throw in it too and it was top notch ?